Thank You for Attending
Save the date for next year: February 9 – 11, 2021
Speeding Medical Devices to Market
By 2025 the global medical device manufacturing market is expected to exceed $200 billion, driven by the aging population, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, advancements in technology, and other factors.
As medtech surges ahead, professionals in this dynamic industry need one place to cross paths annually to swap ideas, find inspiration, overcome challenges, and source products to keep their engineering projects humming. Enter Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West — the world's largest medical design and manufacturing event.
MD&M West, now in its 35th year, is where engineers and executives from across the globe converge before going on to change the lives of patients. In addition to the three-day conference covering medtech, 3D printing, and smart manufacturing, the event offers the opportunity to meet suppliers and experts leading the charge to disrupt healthcare.
Californians directly employed by life sciences companies.
Therapies in the pipeline by California companies that could help fight cancer, infectious diseases, genetic diseases, and other conditions.
The average temperature in warm and sunny Anaheim, California, in early February. (Because that’s worth a lot).
Who Should Attend MD&M West in Anaheim
Seasoned executives, up-and-coming engineers, and anyone in between should attend MD&M West. The size and scope of MD&M West ensures there's something for everyone in the medical device community. Professionals with a drive to innovate and a need to solve problems will feel right at home as they attend sessions led by industry visionaries and explore the latest in medical device product development, new industry regulations, updated ISO standards, and much more.
Attendee job titles include:
- R&D engineers
- Front-end product development engineers
- Design engineers
- Quality & process engineers
- Regulatory & quality professionals
- C-suite executives
12 Tracks of Conference Education
This year's conference program features a lineup of new formats — including Lightning Workshops, Tech Talk Panels, and exclusive networking opportunities — expertly designed to meet the needs of professionals in medical design and manufacturing and beyond. Covering medtech, 3D printing, and smart manufacturing, every session offers an in-depth exploration of timely topics so you can walk away with a new set of skills.
The 2020 Conference Tracks
Medical Design & Manufacturing West Conference
- Exploring Emerging Technologies of the Digital Health Boom
- User-Centered Design Strategies & Tactics for Faster Product Development
- Advancements in Medical Plastics for Medtech
- Keeping Up & Staying Compliant with Global & FDA Regulations
- Driving Next-Gen Design & Innovation Strategies
- Product Development: Effective Strategies for Moving from Engineering to Production
- Materials, Testing & Risk Management Solutions
- Understanding the Impact of Recent Changes to Quality Standard
3D Printing Innovation Summit
- Materials Trends: Metals, Ceramics, Multi-Materials, and More
- Choosing the Right Tools & Materials to Support Your Design Strategy
Smart Manufacturing Innovation Summit
- The Rise of the Smart Factory
- AI, Machine Learning, & Iot/IIoT: Factors Affecting Factory Floor Adoption
5 Connected Industries. 1 Epic Event.
There's plenty to keep you busy at MD&M West, but did you know there are four additional trade shows running alongside the medical device expo? You'll benefit from exposure to experts and suppliers from related industries like plastics, automation, design, and packaging. The event offers the chance to circulate beyond your own industry to solve problems across markets.
"A centralized hub to establish a network, discuss current tech, find suppliers, and discover new opportunities."
Alexander Nootens, Abbott Vascular, Supplier Quality Engineer
"It was awesome! You need to be there to believe it."
Vidal Anguiano, Intuitive Surgical, Equipment Engineer
"It's one stop shopping for anybody in the product development medical device industry."
Linda Jenkins, Plastics Plus Technology, QA Manager
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 9-10, 2021 | 10 a.m.* - 5 p.m.
Thursday, February 11, 2021 | 10 a.m.* - 4 p.m.
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 9-10, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, February 11, 2021 | 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Registration opens at 8 a.m. Monday-Wednesday and at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Hall E opens early each morning at 9:30 a.m.